Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Tuesday, October 21, 2008

It Happened Again

It scares me each time it happens. I take the huge spotlight out with me and I carefully go into the yard looking for either Lexus or LuAnne. Last night it was LuAnne. My heart pounding, hoping that when I do find them, that they will be breathing! At their age, they sleep soundly, and so when I call the dogs in, they are fast asleep in one of the shelters. Once Lexus was flat on her side, in a bit of a dip, so her legs were elevated, and her mouth was opened slightly. I stared at her for a long time, looking for signs of life. (I think I had stopped breathing at that point!) She breathes shallowly, so that was hard to see. I nudged her, and she slowly came around. Phew. Last night, LuAnne didn't wake with the flashlight in her eyes, but when I called her she was surprised to see me. In we went to bed, safe for another night.

Bunny pupdate! She is growing. Now at 12 weeks of age she measures 14 1/4". Her feet are getting larger, so now she'll have to grow to fit them. She can get up on the sofa, and she's been found asleep on a pillow more than once! She's good with the others dogs, though on occasion I'll see her take a swipe at one of the older girls as they are going by...little brat!

Bunny went for a ride in the car today. I'm not sure how long she'll be riding next to me, as she's becoming quite excited about the whole thing. She stands on the armrest and presses the buttons. Luckily I found the child lock and did the window back up again. Bunny sees a car coming towards us and as it passes, she follows it with her head and body. (We bred a Sheltie that did the same thing and at the time I called it "herding dementia", but I'm sure that is not the right term!) It was also raining today, so the wipers were in use. She had to put her paws on the dashboard to check out the motion of those. So with the wipers, the cars and Josh Groban singing Italian, she had sensory overload!

0 comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP