Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Friday, July 17, 2009

Happy 14th Gabrielle!

It is hard to believe that the youngest daughter from our foundation bitch "Holly" is now our oldest girl and just turned 14 years old.
Holly had come into heat just in time for the 1995 ASSA National in Boston. We had the luxury of spending a few days to decide which dog we felt would suit her the best. We chose the beautiful Am Ch Macdega Malibu ROM who was the ASSA National Best of Breed winner in 1993. Gabi was the standout in her litter of five. She is pictured above at 5 weeks of age.
Gabi flew with us to Calgary and along with the Clement's, we rented a Van and toured around Banff and on to Spokane to attend the National. It was a memorable trip because I took Gabi out of her crate and she sat on my lap for hours. I hadn't to that point, and not afterwards either, had a dog that was content to stay put on my lap without fidgeting. (She much later made a two day trip to Alabama and rode on my lap the entire way). As a bonus, she won her Futurity class under noted breeder judge Nioma Coen. She was such an easy puppy. We always said, she never had a bad day...always ready for whatever you asked of her.

Gabi finished her Canadian Championship as a puppy and then was put away for several years. We thought she didn't have enough length of coat to finish in the U.S., but then when she was five we gave it a go, and she finished quickly with Specialty majors along the way! She was the ROM maker for her dam.
Gabi pictured just last month on one of our walks. She has some arthritis and is slowing down, but will still follow me wherever I go. She is my devoted companion, my beloved friend, my little "Cinnamon bear".

6 comments:

Vanesa July 17, 2009 at 12:06 PM  

Happy Happy Birthday, Gabi!!!!!!

It's great to share the life with a dog like Gabi! I hope there are many more time to come!!!!
I'm going on summer vacation tomorrow and I will miss the blog but unless I´ll try to see it some way!!!!
See you soon!
Bye,
Vanesa

Aspengrove Shelties Fantasias Collies July 17, 2009 at 2:07 PM  

Happy Birthday Gabi!!!

anamchara1 July 17, 2009 at 3:55 PM  

Celebrate your day in style, Gib Gib!! Eat, laugh and be your wonderful sweet self!

Big birthday hugs,
Bren

Cool Design Shelties July 18, 2009 at 5:17 PM  

Happy Birthday to this Grand Old Lady :o)

//Bente

Julie July 19, 2009 at 3:13 PM  

Happy Birthday, Gabi!!

She is the most friendly Sheltie I've ever met in my life. I love my photo with her. I hope Gabi has many more happy birthdays to enjoy with you and Pete.

Amber-Mae July 22, 2009 at 12:54 AM  

Happy Barkday Gabi! She's such a beewootiful 'regal' old lady. By the way, Mommy thinks you all are just simply gorgeous! She is hoping to import one someday.

Anyway, please come over to my blog & vote for the short film I acted in called FLASHES!!!! Thank you!

Smoochies,
"Famous" Solid Gold Actress

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP