Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Hummer Obsessed

Ho hum, another hummingbird at the feeder picture. I'm afraid I'm a bit obsessed with trying to get "the" picture of the hummer. Summer is almost over and soon the feeders will have to be taken away. I bought a new beautiful glass feeder, but the hummingbirds won't go near it.
I like the sharpness of this one and I think the pictures are improving... I really love this shot (but it's still not the one). I really like the curve of her back; almost like a swan dive.
For the photography buffs, the camera is on a tripod, the focus is pre-set and I am using a remote control to take the picture, so as not to scare the birds. I used the 70-300 mm lens and was shooting at 270mm, f/5.6 and ISO was 320. Shutter speed was 1/1,250 sec; and that still didn't freeze the wings!

6 comments:

Diana August 26, 2009 at 7:49 PM  

Your pictures are awesome! Diana

lonfrichuk August 26, 2009 at 9:47 PM  

Absolutely beautiful! Thanks for including the camera info, will save me having to ask later!

anamchara1 August 26, 2009 at 10:06 PM  

You're not obsessed ... let's call it "focused" :). The shots are just super, really outstanding!! You must be so pleased!!

Bren

Mont'Alves August 27, 2009 at 7:50 AM  

Fantastic. Soon you will be the expert and Pete the aprendise ihihihihihihih.

Love the photo's

Laureate August 29, 2009 at 2:29 PM  

Thanks! Actually, these might be as good as I get. I did some research online and to freeze the wings you need to shoot with a flash (or better yet, with three flashes). In the end, a bit of blur on the wings is probably what makes a hummingbird look like a hummingbird!

Kim

Linda September 21, 2010 at 7:09 AM  

Awesome photo's, we also tried a glass feeder and my hummingbirds preferred the plastic one I bought at Walmart. Aren't the little darlings amazing, I just love to watch them.

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP