Laureate Shelties Blog

A bit of this, a bit of that...with a lot of free spirits.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Busy week: Toronto and Syracuse

Pete and I spent Tuesday to Thursday in Toronto. I have more snaps here.

On Friday I did an airport run, bathed five dogs and Pete had six meetings (both of us were exhausted by end of day) and on Saturday morning LuAnne, Pete and I went to the Marriott in downtown Ottawa to give a presentation on Shelties to the Canadian Judges Study Group.

Right after the presentation we went home and packed up Emma, Miley, Mayer and Cocoa and headed to Syracuse. It was a gorgeous sunny day with temperature around 18 C. The pups had a good outing. Miley and Mayer turned 6 months old the day of the show and had a wonderful debut.
Our good friend Brenda Campbell (Anamchara Shelties) drove down from London and was a huge help; we couldn't have gotten them all done up without her. Brenda also handled Miley to BOS in Sweeps!
Mayer waiting to go in the ring...I'm looking worn out from all the travelling.

Little squirt - actually Mayer is a nice size of 14 inches at 6 months of age.

With the big boys for Winners Dog. I managed to embarrass myself by going for my bait and flipping all the contents of my pocket onto the floor. I think I was surprised as everyone else what I had in there...tons of kibbles and bits of liver. Mayer thought he'd won the jackpot! Despite his handler, he pulled off a 4 point major reserve!

Miley from ringside

Showing her beautiful angles to the judge.

Miley won her class and was one of the three pulled for winners!
Cocoa won the Open Sable class and went on to Reserve WB! Emma won both her sweeps and regular class...so it was a very successful outing for our guys - four dogs entered, 7 class firsts, BOS in Sweeps and two Reserves.

8 comments:

Cool Design Shelties November 9, 2009 at 1:41 PM  

Congratulations with the successful day. Love the two puppies. Please put Miley on a plane to Denmark....she is exactly what I want in a sheltie :o))

//Bente

Sheltiedoc November 9, 2009 at 7:36 PM  

I'll fight you for her ;-). She is a doll. Of course, the others are no slouches either!

Acadia Shelties November 9, 2009 at 7:55 PM  

Wow! That was a successful debut! Congratulations. I am sorry I didn't go. I would have loved to have seen everyone in person.
As usual, I love the pictures. The ones on the table with the judge are just priceless.
Cadie

Shirley (Wild Ginger) November 9, 2009 at 9:29 PM  

Congratulations on the wins!! Both of your puppies (well youngsters) are just beautiful.

lonfrichuk November 10, 2009 at 7:44 PM  

How wonderful!!! LOVE that boy Mayer but Miley is absolutely gorgeous too! Congrats on a wonderful weekend!

Jan November 10, 2009 at 7:52 PM  

Of course the dogs look great - but I love your suit! Pretty Snazzy Kim!
Congratulations all round.
I love the phot of LuAnne in the hotel. What a special girl she is!
Love you. Jan

anamchara1 November 11, 2009 at 3:39 PM  

It was great helping the kids to celebrate their 6 month birthday and in such a spectacular way. An absolutely fun weekend all around ... thanks for letting me be a part of the fun!

Natasha November 14, 2009 at 12:39 PM  

Congrats on the great weekend! They're all beautiful!

~Nat

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Labels


MBPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Immortality 7 x Best Puppy in Show, Currently Canada's Top Sheltie Puppy for 2011

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Louisiana ASSA - BOS, AOM; CSSA - BOB

BIS/BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Starlight Express Canada's Top Sheltie, #1 in Herding Group 1995

BPIS Laureate Epitome

BPIG Am/Can Ch Laureate Jivara

BPIS Ch Laureate Embelish

BISS Am/Can Ch Laureate Santana ROMC

BISS Am/Can Ch Krystalyn Windswept

Ch Laureate PaRay Per Se

Ch Laureate Landslide ROMC

BIS Am/Can Ch Laureate Laredo ROMC

BPIS/BPISS Ch Laureate Dominatrix

Ch Laureate Lutece

Frequent Visitors

Join us on Facebook

  © Free Blogger Templates 'Photoblog II' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP